Undergraduate Research Intern
Los Angeles Education Research Institute at UCLA Luskin
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: $16/hour (or can be done for SRP 99 or PA 196 credit)
The Los Angeles Education Research Institute (LAERI) at UCLA Luskin conducts research to inform solutions to educational challenges facing L.A. Our mission is to improve the equity and quality of students’ educational experiences by producing research evidence that decision-makers and educators find useful for educational improvement.
LAERI seeks an undergraduate research assistant for the summer session to help clean and document data that will facilitate research on a wide range of research projects related to education in Los Angeles. Work will take place remotely. Depending on available funding and interest, it may be possible to continue working with LAERI during the 2021-22 academic year.
- Clean administrative data provided by the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)
- Review existing documentation for LAUSD administrative data
- Create data documentation for new data files
- Revise and update existing data documentation to improve usability
- Generate descriptive statistics for administrative data files
- Update administrative data documentation to include information about potential data issues to improve the documentation’s accuracy
- Current undergraduate student
- Available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week during regular business hours
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Completion of at least one statistics course that involved the use of statistical software
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Stata
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a single PDF file that includes the following: (1) cover letter describing their interest in the position and relevant experience; (2) resume; and (3) unofficial transcript to email@example.com with the subject line: “Undergraduate Research Intern Application.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.