Undergraduate Communications Intern
Los Angeles Education Research Institute at UCLA Luskin
Start Date: Immediate
The Los Angeles Education Research Institute (LAERI) at UCLA Luskin conducts research to inform solutions to educational challenges facing L.A. Our mission is to improve the equity and quality of students’ educational experiences by producing research evidence that decision-makers and educators find useful for educational improvement.
LAERI seeks an undergraduate communications intern for the summer session to design research reports and communication materials and manage LAERI’s social media accounts. Work will take place remotely. Depending on available funding and interest, it may be possible to continue working with LAERI during the 2021-22 academic year.
- Assist LAERI staff in designing research publications (reports, research briefs), presentations, and other communication materials
- Create content for and assist in maintaining LAERI’s website
- Monitor and create content to post on LAERI’s social media accounts
- Maintain LAERI’s contact database
- Assist in meeting and event planning
- Current undergraduate student
- Available to work a minimum of 5-10 hours per week during regular business hours
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a single PDF file that includes (1) a cover letter describing their interest in the position and relevant experience, (2) a resume, and (3) unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Undergraduate Communications Intern Application.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.