Undergraduate Research Intern
Los Angeles Education Research Institute at UCLA Luskin
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: $16/hour (or can be done for SRP 99 credit, with no per-unit tuition costs, if you are already enrolled in other Summer Sessions courses)
The Los Angeles Education Research Institute (LAERI) at UCLA Luskin conducts research to inform solutions to educational challenges facing L.A. Our mission is to improve the equity and quality of students’ educational experiences by producing research evidence that decision-makers and educators find useful for educational improvement.
LAERI seeks an undergraduate research assistant to work part-time over the summer to help create data documentation that will facilitate future research on schools’ climates and instructional practices. Applicants must be able to devote 14-20 hours a week to the project for 7-10 weeks this summer. Work will take place remotely. It may be possible to continue working on other LAERI projects during the school year.
- Review historical documentation for the Los Angeles Unified School District’s (LAUSD) annual School Experience and College and Career Readiness Surveys
- Develop data documentation for LAUSD surveys that will facilitate future research projects
- Current undergraduate student
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a single PDF file that includes the following: (1) cover letter describing their interest in the position and relevant experience; (2) resume; and (3) unofficial transcript to email@example.com with the subject line: “Undergraduate Research Intern Application.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.